Friday 8 February 2013

Teenagers Bedroom - Room Construction

Here are some Photos that show the construction of the bedroom:

Firstly I started with the window by creating the window frame out of balsa wood then adding a sheet of  thin plastic to resemble glass. This was glued in between two pieces of balsa wood to keep it tight and make it appear more realistic. I wanted a widow that could open and close which I made separately then attached in placed with small hinges. These aren't to scale and don't really fit right, however from within the room they look right and enable the window to open and close exactly as a window does. I also enabled the window handle to pivot.
 I constructed the door out of balsa wood and attached to door frame with the use of the hinges. I wasn't really happy with how the handle turned out. Since doing it I have learnt other techniques so would definitely do it differently now.


For the radiator I used lightweight clay. I am really happy with how it turned out and think it is really effective within the room.  


No comments:

Post a Comment