Friday 8 February 2013

First Model - Teenagers Bedroom

For my first model I decided to create a teenage boys bedroom. I felt it would enable me to add lots a details that shows the personality and interests of the boy himself. Firstly I created a mood-board based on the interests I created for the teenager choosing quite simple furniture with all the gadgets and mod-cons that you would expect to be present within a typical teenagers room.

Moodboard
I then started to plan the overall room layout keeping in mind the fact that an animator and camera would have to be able to access the character/room model if it was a real set for an animation. Some rough sketches and an idea of the types of scales I was thinking of making the room can be seen:

Measurements Sheet
Bedroom Layout Ideas
Once I was happy with the layout and knew how I was going to construct the furniture etc I started by constructing the walls of the room and drawing upon them where the window, door etc were going to go to enable me to visualise it in 3D and make sure I was entirely happy with my idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment