Saturday 9 February 2013

Second Model - Kids Tricycle and Cart

For my next model I decided I wanted to create something with different materials and a prop that would make me work out how it would need to be constructed in order to function accurately. Therefore I decided upon a kids Tricycle and Cart. Firstly I decided to focus on the Tricycle, get that completed and working properly before starting on the Cart. 

Below are some of the design pages I created when working out how to construct this item:

Moodboard

Rough Sketches

Chosen Idea Turnaround


Colour Scheme Ideas
Chosen Coloured Scheme

 
I then created a 3D Maya model of the tricycle to enable me to visualise it better in 3D and check it looked right. This also enable me to make sure that the wheels would spin around and the handle bar section would twist.




Once I was happy with the design and measurements I decided to create a mock up model from foam board so i could see it in my hands to check the sizes and overall scale to make sure I had them accurate. 


After this mock up model I thought about the materials again and how I would construct it. While thinking about creating the handle bars I wasn't sure if this design would be sturdy enough, so I had a re-think. Below is the new design:


I am a lot happier with this design and feel it will make the entire tricycle more sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment