Saturday 9 February 2013

Teenagers Bedroom - Adding Details

I made the TV, Xbox and Laptop out of lightweight clay and painted them using acrylic paint. I really like how the laptop turned out as I tried to add as much details as I could, such as adding stickers for windows 7 and Intel processor, making I feel makes it more realistic.


 Laundry Bin - I made this from balsa wood by by scoring it down its length enabling me to bend it into the required shape. I then made a fabric inner section and placed pieces of rough materials to resemble clothing. Once arranged in room I added rough clothes hanging out and on the floor making the room messier.

 Bean Bag -As this teenager is into gaming I thought a bean bag, especially a lounger bean bag, would be ideal seating for a pro gamer. For this I created the bean bag shape leaving a hole where I poured in tiny balls from my cushtie as they were perfect proportion in relation to the size of the bag.
Dart Board - I used to enjoy playing darts with my dad so thought a dart board would fit in well on the back of the door. For this I cut out the shape from balsa wood, planned and drew it all first then painted each section at a time starting with the light colours to prevent then dragging the darker colours into them later. To make it more realistic I added pieces of solder for the border and to separate each section, which was very fiddly. To finish it off I wrote the numbers around the outside and made 3 little darts to stick on the board. I'm happy with the end result and feel it is quite effective.

 I also create a skateboard, which I really enjoyed making. This was constructed out of thick card, coarse sand paper, beads, ball pin heads and pins. I think the end result is really effective, especially how I scratched the print on the underside to show where the skateboard had been scraped along curbs etc. I also like how the sand paper turned out as it is perfect scale for the size of the item and with the added pin heads showing how the underneath wheel section is attached makes it more realistic.

To fill the room out and make it look like a typical messy teenagers bedroom I created DVDs, Cd's, magazines and GCSE revision booklets. For these I took pictures of my own films, books etc and constructed then out of thick card and paper. For the Xbox games I painted the thick card green first, stuck the design on and then added a thin piece of see through plastic to resemble the protective sleeve used on actual games. For the DVDs I decided to make them in stakes instead of individually as I would have stacked them messily anyway; so to save time I printed off just the end sections and stuck them to a stack of card I had made, upon each of these stacks I placed a single DVD to hide the cheating. I feel this worked really well and was effective upon the shelves and on the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment