Thursday 20 August 2015

Windmill

For my next model I decided to make a windmill. To get the overall shape of the windmill building I used a polystyrene cone and cut the top off; this gave me a sturdy accurate curve to work on as well as not adding any extra weight to the overall model. After planning where I wanted the door/ windows I cut them out of the polystyrene.


For the stone walls I used air drying clay, which I cut into different sized stones then pressed the end of piece of wood into them to add  a bit of texture. I glued them into place using Impact glue. I'm pleased with how these stones have sat on the curved shape of the polystyrene, giving an old rustic appearance. 
  

For the roof I started with a polystyrene sphere that I cut in half, added 4 wooden beams before wrapping paper around. I also added a little side roof, this is where the pole for the windmill panels will be. 


I then started adding roof tiles by cutting up bites of cardboard and arranging them around the cone of the roof. I cut bits off and glued some on a bit wonky just to make it a bit more realistic and old. 

This project is on hold at the moment due to freelance work, Hopefully will be back on it soon! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment