Sunday 15 June 2014

Rabbit Hut

With this model I wanted to create a quick little prop, so I decided to create a Rabbit Hut taking a few days to complete. I made this prop out of balsa wood, sand paper, wire mesh and fimo. Below are some pictures of the how I made it:
Firstly I cut all the components to size and glued together. For the roof I wrapped it in a sheet of sand paper to give the impression of a felt roof used on garden sheds. 


I then started to add a bit of colour using acrylic paints to get a base colour, then used chalks to make it look dirty/well used. For the roof I painted the sand paper a grey/black colour, added some light grey chalk for dust and grime, painted in some rust running slightly from the nails and finally added some green moss stuff to exaggerate the fact its an old hut kept outside.

 I also made a little food bowl, with oaty food, straw and droppings, to make it look used. 


Finished turnaround of the Rabbit Hut:

No comments:

Post a Comment