Saturday 9 February 2013

Kids Tricycle and Cart Model - Final Photos


I am very pleased with how this model turned out and I have thoroughly enjoyed, designing, planning and constructing it. I made it in mind of it being a little terrors tricycle who loved going on adventures and causing trouble. With this in mind I believe I achieved the perfect tricycle for this character due to arrange of factors:
- The most obvious one being its muddy appearance, the combination of paint and mud worked really well adding a sense of realism to it and making it look as if it has been on an adventure through the woods.
- I like the scratches, scraps and dents I incorporated into the design, especially with the cart, illustrating further that it is a well used item.
- I am pleased I re-designed the Tricycles handle bars as it just makes it look sturdier therefore more suitable for a lively little trouble of a boy. This is the same for the front wheel pivoting design I added to the cart as its more suitable for being pulled along making it easier to turn corners faster without tipping.
Front Views

Side Views
Back Views

Scale of Tricycle and Cart in relation to a 50p
Things I would alter/add to it:
- I think I could make the tricycle a bit more used looking e.g. more worn areas and scratches to fit a bit better with the cart.
- It could be made more individual to its owner, such as adding stickers etc. 
- I would also like to make a little helmet and contents for in the cart, just to finish it off.

I have learnt a lot from completing this model and am proud of the fact that I have been able to create it with no previous experience as a model maker, other than wood work at school and DIY with dad. 

I have loved creating this model and can't wait to start my next!! Keep your eye on this space for other models coming soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment